Dr. Danzer holds a PhD Renewable Natural Resource Studies with a double minor in Soil and Water Sciences, Geosciences from the University of Arizona; a MA in Sociology from University of Arizona, and a BS Animal Sciences from Cornell University. He has extensive government experience, including three years with the Town of Greenwich, five and a half years as the Environmental Planner for the Town of Stratford, and over 10 years of experience as a consultant to the City of Danbury. He also has broad experience working with non-profit and community groups such as the Ash Creek Conservation Association in Bridgeport, the National Trust for Historic Preservation – Philip Johnson Glass House in New Canaan, and is currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Stamford Land Trust.
Dr. Danzer is principal of Steven Danzer PhD & Associates LLC, specializing in wetland identification and evaluation, public hearings and expert testimony, environmental impact analysis, and municipal review, in Fairfield, New Haven, Litchfield and Hartford Counties.
- PhD in Renewable Natural Resource Studies with a double minor in Soil and Water Sciences, Geosciences
- Soil Scientist
- Nationally certified: Soil Science Society of America (CPSS # 353463)
- Regionally registered: Society of Soil Scientists of Southern New England registered with Society of Soil Scientists Southern New England
- Professional Wetland Scientist (PWS #1321)
- Certified Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control (CPESC #2397)
- Published scientific research in the field of Riparian (streamside) ecology
- Attended CT DEP Training Program for Wetland Agents
- CT Licensed Arborist S-5639- CT DEP
- 5 ½ years as town staff to the Stratford Inland Wetlands Agency.
- 3 years as town staff to the Greenwich Inland Wetlands Agency and the Greenwich Conservation Commission.
- Independent environmental consultant in CT since 1999.
- Private clients within Fairfield County and Western Connecticut.
- Municipal clients have included Greenwich, Danbury, Westport, Hamden, West Hartford.